Malvani Clams Masala. A gem from Malvani cuisine , tisrya masala is an unforgettable experience. Fresh clams cooked in roasted coconut paste and the priceless sunday masala/Malvani masala. How to make clamps curry Craving for some Tisrya Masala?
You can have Malvani Clams Masala using 17 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Malvani Clams Masala
- Prepare 250 g of fresh clams, washed and drained.
- You need 1 of large onion chopped.
- You need 1/2 cup of freshly grated coconut.
- It’s 1 tbsp of coriander seeds.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cumin seeds.
- Prepare 2-3 of dry red chilies.
- It’s 1 of ” ginger sliced.
- You need 6-8 of large garlic cloves.
- You need 1 tsp of turmeric powder.
- It’s 1/2-1 tsp of kashmiri red chilli powder.
- You need 1 tsp of malvani masala.
- It’s 1 tsp of garam masala powder.
- You need 1/2 cup of chopped coriander leaves.
- It’s 3 tbsp of olive or coconut oil.
- Prepare 3-4 of kokum petals washed.
- You need 1 cup of water.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
Malvani Masala is a popular Maharashtrian spice mix, which is used to flavour curries and subzis. This dry spice powder has a very appetizing flavour and irresistible aroma. Malvani masala comes from Malvan a town in the Sindhudurg district on the west coast of Maharashtra but being on coastal area in konkon malvani. Malvani masala is an incredible combination of India spices often used in the Konkan cuisine Now the malvani masala is ready.
Malvani Clams Masala step by step
- Boil the clams with little turmeric powder and salt for 5 minutes. Cool and discard empty shell of the clam keeping the meaty part along with shell intact..
- Heat a thick bottomed skillet..
- Dry roast coriander seeds, cumins seeds and red chilies till aromatic but not charred. Remove to a plate..
- Dry roast half the chopped onion till lightly colored stirring constantly..
- Add ginger, garlic, and coriander leaves (keep some aside for garnish). Dry roast till garlic is lightly colored..
- Add coconut and roast till coconut turns brown..
- Add few drops of oil and roast the masala well for a minute or so. Cool thoroughly..
- Grind all the roasted masala along with onion and coconut. Add little water to make smooth paste..
- In another pan, heat oil. Add remaining onions and stir till lightly caramelized..
- Add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder, and malvani masala. Stir well. add little water to loosen the masala. Keep stirring..
- Add the ground masala and saute till oil is released..
- Add kokum and clams along with salt to taste. Stir well to incorporate the masala with clams..
- Add water and cover the pan. Bring it to a simmer and cook for another 5 minutes..
- Switch off gas and transfer the clams to serving dish. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves..
Cooking with images Naral Rassa , Coconut rasdar, Thengini kai saaru. The Malvani Masala recipe we listed below is most basic of Indian recipes also one of the tastiest! Trying this Malvani Masala recipe at home is an easy way to get a delicious meal. Sulochana Malvani Homemade Food & Masala – Manufacturer of malvani special masala, ghati masala & malvani goda masala in Mumbai, Maharashtra. This masala powder is very flavourful and definitely a helpful ingredient.